[T3] D-Jet /L-Jet

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 14 08:32:59 PST 2013

On 14 Feb 2013 at 9:23, Mark Poulton wrote:

> D-jet was fitted to the 6 cylinder M30 engines in BMW's of the early
> 1970's, certainly in Europe. The 1973 3.0CSi E9 coupe I owned 10 years
> ago was fitted with it - the only problem I had with the system was a
> faulty cold start relay, and a replacement was readily available then
> through their dealer network. I would expect the CSL and the non carb
> fitted E3 saloons would have had this also.

Wow, the 3.0 Csi was an absolutely beautiful car. I worked with a guy
many years ago who owned one, but I don't remember his ever
mentioning D-jet. It may have been, however, as he only loved it
because it was a BMW and didn't really get into what was under the
skin.

My 1985 Bosch FI catalog doesn't list any BMW D-jet cars, but it
probably only shows US cars that were made in sufficient quantities.

Do you remember what the trigger points looked like? How many
contacts in the connector?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org