[T3] Single Circut Master Cyl and wheel cyl kits? Or parts to assemble?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 14 13:05:47 PST 2013

I've been sitting on this post, meaning to thank Soren for it.
There's a LOT of good info here and it's one of those places where
there's lots of confusion, and Soren laid much of it out very nicely.

A couple of comments:

I've never seen a problem with the rubber in NOS kits or cylinders,
but I understand that the metal bores can sometimes rust in storage,
so I always check those before I sell or use them. The cup in Soren's
photo looks like a very typical, very used, rubber cup. I never heard
of any "factory" rebuilt ATe or FAG parts, but lots of places,
including me, rebuild these.

The master cylinder dia is not stamped on the MC, it's a raised
casting mark, converted to metric and rounded to the ~nearest mm.
There are also mold numbers, which can be confusing, but those are
smaller.

Thanks for the info, Soren. I've use it to add to, and correct, the
spread sheet I made for brake items.

Jim

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org