[T3] D-Jet /L-Jet

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 13:17:34 PST 2013

In a message dated 2/14/2013 11:48:57 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

What did you see that looked D-jet? I didn't see anything that  looked
right, to me. No pressure sensor, L-jet style injectors, L-jet type
air-flow metering, etc. The variable fuel pressure regulator was also
an L-jet feature.

The  trigger points coming off the oil pump drive on the front of the
engine were 1  clue. Looking thru the Chevy Service manual (came witch the car),
and seeing  all of the same common parts like the 5 pin TPS, injectors
(including CS  injector and temp switch), the head temp sensor, little clues like
that. As  for the MPS, GM used something else for it (a little more modern
from  Rochester Products), but it still had a similar function (according to
the  service manual). Like I said, it's more of a modified D-jet, with GM
and  Cosworth , working with what was existing at the time. I didn't get a
lot of  time to study it, as I drove it from western Minnesota to Texas. It
was  the first one I saw in person though, and got asked about it a lot at
rest  areas and gas stations. It was hard to answer some questions, since I
really  didn't know a lot about the car (I was just hired to drive it). It did
take me back to my youth though, when I used to own a Vega or 2. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction