[T3] I think you're gonna like this picture!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Feb 15 23:03:59 PST 2013

On 16 Feb 2013 at 0:42, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/15/2013 3:51:17 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> maroblll at coqui.net writes:
>
> I just finished repairing and refinishing a complete set of gauges
> for Art Sterrett. They turned out so well that I thought I'd try to
> post the photo. Here's the link:
>
> _http://tinyurl.com/atenqba_ (http://tinyurl.com/atenqba)
>
> Damn Jim, looks good to me. Where do I send some parts? My 71 Square-Vert
> dash pieces could use some cleanup, the clock is currently a tach,  but I'm
> looking at doing a quartz conversion on it first (I'd rather have  a working
> clock, that keeps time).

I haven't tried to get into the quartz conversion business, but I
agree that it's appealing. The early clocks never kept good time, and
while the late ones did much better, they often quit working and I
can't usually fix them. I'm working on that, however.

I should look into a method for doing the conversions. It would be
nice if i could do this so that it used the car's 12 V battery
instead of an AA cell.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org