[T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Tue Jan 1 08:55:27 PST 2013

The entire harness comes out as one piece, but its a lot of work.
What you have probably IS usable, but you need to spend some time
Reconditioning it, repairing things correctly and replacing the push on
connectors that are broken.  Unless you have the correct big dollar crimping
tool you'll want to solder, some skill required there but its pretty easy to
learn.  Then some heat shrink tubing for insulation, a heat gun, good LEAD
solder and flux.  Oh, and a good color Bentley to tell you where everything
goes and what it should do, hopefully your not color blind... some folks are
and that can complicate things.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"
65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
87 golf "Winterat"
93 RX7 "Redstur"

Yes it is a lot of work we done it to Clementine.  Got the harness out of
that 72 Squareback we had for parts.  To make it worse I'm color blind
(which caused me a lot of problems when I was in the Air Force).
Fortunately I had a student who was like the automotive versions of Sheldon
on the Big Bang Theory to help me and do the grunt work.  It is doable just
takes a lot of time and patients.

Dennis