[T3] New up date

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 1 16:31:01 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/1/2013 6:53:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I  mention going and taking Clementine to my wife Angela and she didn't
give
me the you are crazy speech (yet) so that's a good sign.  My  middle son
Isaac is ready to go already.  Bob wasn't you who said you  had some good
cushion put in your seats for the trip?  I may have to  go back later and
take the front seats back apart and put some better  stuffing in them.  I
can
already tell by no more than I have driven it  that I will have back issues
if I don't.  Right now they just have the  original horse hair under them.

Well, I'll tell you, that's a GOOD thing. : ) I asked Sue (my wife) IF she
would still go out to Colorado even IF the inside wasn't finished in time
to  drive out. She said yes, but would prefer it done. She actually gave me
the  money to get the inside finished up. : )

I've found that I actually prefer the type 3 seats (stock) that I  have in
my 65 Notch, over those in my 64 T-34 (also stock). You can add some
padding IF you feel you need to, but I actually prefer the stock seat (in my  case
covered with velour, so I don't stick to the vinyl, as I hate that). It's
comfortable, and set the right height off the floor for long distance
cruising.  In the T-34, you sit closer to the floor pan, and this leaves your legs
and feet  in an awkward position, which likes to give leg cramps. Also,
what I found with  the T-34 seat, is that it really lacks any lumbar support.
You can get around  this with a lumbar roll, but it might not help enough.
There are people who add  custom cut foam to their seats to help more with
side support though. It's  really a case of driving the car, and find out what
works for you. It really is.  John J has late model Mustang seats in his
Square, and he loves them. Some like  Recaros, as they offer more support. It's
really a comfort deal, that you have  to find what works for you.

Bob 65 Notch  S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71 Square-vert  under construction