[T3] New up date

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Jan 3 07:09:00 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/2/2013 2:20:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

Bob H.  is right about his S-10.  The "butt indents" from years of use,
were  substantial.

He was gracious enough to loan me his S-10 pickup for 10  days when he
did extensive restoration (body/paint) work to my '69 Square  last
September.

It only took me 1 day before I had to use my  TempurPedic "wedge" seat
cushion in his truck.  The seat bottom  "breakdown" caused by years of
use needed support for me.  Otherwise,  I felt like a "midget" in a
circus clown car.

Don't get me  wrong;  I REALLY appreciated the S-10 "loaner" from Bob.

I drove  the 13 miles (each way, 2X per day) from the RV park to his
garage every  day to "observe" and be a little help   It was
substantially  better than walking.

Bob would probably tell you "I put up with Gary  for 10 days!"  :-(

But I learned a lot about my car from Bob, in  the process.
Thanks Bob.

Yeah, it's a pain in my back too, especially when I do a lot of long
distance driving. Someday I'll find a replacement seat for it, but that's down
on my list of things to do. That's part of the reason I keep the seat so far
back in it (well that and to give Sue some leg room ;-) ).
It was a pleasure having you here, and I'm glad you learned something about
 your car while we had part of it apart. As Jim would say, nobody cares
more  about your car than you do. ;-)

Bob 65 Notch  S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71 Square-vert  under construction