[T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 08:03:14 PST 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Mesa, AZ

> From: Bobsnotch at aol.com
> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 09:30:03 -0500
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)
>
> In a message dated 1/2/2013 9:02:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:
>
> I am barely going to have room for the Squareback let alone a full
> trailer. Plus, at least $500 for the trailer, as no tow bar available for the
> Squareback.
>
> Adriel, talk to Pedro about building you a type 3 tow bar. He's done a few
> of them. Either that, or do a search in the type 3 forum on the Samba to
> see how to build one from a super beetle tow bar, or and adapter that uses a
> t-1 bug tow bar. Any of these will work.

Bob, thank you so much for the help! :D Unfortunately, after much searching, found the information I had on Mercedes 300TDT
towing capacity was based on trailer brakes, which U-Haul doesn't have.
Capacity without brakes is 1653 pounds. The Squareback weighs 2,300 and
the trailer is 750 pounds, for a total of 3050 pounds. With brakes it be
 about 3,300 pounds, but finding a hitch with that rating... The only way it would make since is using Pedro's bar and activating the Squareback brakes, making a trailer with brakes, otherwise, it doesn't especially
with the hills. But, doubt very much there is such a device, and if so, be costly.

Now an option is to drive back, but the one way
ticket is at least $100. Be a real pain and haven't put enough miles to
trust her. I am not sure about the rust, either. If something went wrong, I be stuck.

In the end, if I
can get her running, it is then about $200 to ship. Body is beat up from
 all the use, paint is faded, so really not much to loose. Just need to
get her safely here and stored, unless plans change.

Thank you!
Adriel