[T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 3 12:45:38 PST 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Mesa, AZ

> Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:32:08 -0800
> From: knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)
>
> > I love to see the drawing, but no longer have AutoCAD...
>
> AutoCAD offers a free evaluation for a few months. If you are already familiar with it, then you are set. I had it for awhile, but without a real need for it, I didn't do anything with it.

I thought it was longer for Students? Probably ArchiCAD which is the better/more Student friendly.

> I've been using SketchUp and while the free version doesn't import AutoCAD files, the paid-for version does, and I think there is a free evaluation period on that as well. Import while free, and then you have it available.

Now that I think on it, I believe I have both via the University. I love SketchUp for second stage drafting (I ALWAYS hand sketch first. ;) ). I didn't know you can import AutoCAD to ScketchUp. Can it go the other way so I can have my BIM? I found AutoCAD's extracting annoying. I already have the 3-D model with dimensions in my head and the spatial relationship seems off. I know what it should be, but at first doesn't feel right. ArchiCAD is nice, but the details can get distracting with someone with attention deficit. I also find SketchUp's solar study to be a tad bit more user friendly/less time to set.

> Models can be shared out from SketchUp easily, so any of us could get ahold of the model.

What do you mean?

> I have access to welding equipment and some basic metal cutting and working tools as well.

Jeff, thank you so much! Where are you at?

Thank you so very much!
Adriel