[T3] Wiring Harness Needed (was RE: Faulty Fuel Pump)

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:48:38 PST 2013

Adriel --

Somewhere (I thought it was the Bentley book) I saw the weight of my
'69 Squareback.  I'll have to look further.  Maybe the Owners Manual.

Regardless, when we built the tow bar, we used 2,000 # as the weight of the car.

When we towed to Colorado Springs, I didn't have auxiliary brakes on
the Type 3, but I was towing the car with my 28,500 pound motor home.
It has "beefy" air brakes which activate the shoes in the drums.

There are several auxiliary brake systems.  One is Brake Buddy.
Roadmaster has BrakeMaster.  There are others bust some require power
bakes on the towed vehicle.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)