[T3] dash pad talk

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 03:50:28 PST 2013

I looked at one of the Type 3s displayed at a VW meeting last year, and the
'body' plate didn't match the VIN number.  The VIN plate had pop-rivets with
the spike of the mandrel left sticking up.  The factory ones don't look like
that.   I didn't choose to look further - it may have had a different body
put on - that's the only thing I can think would be legitimate.   It has
been known for the chassis VIN to be cut out and another welded in - that's
definitely illegal!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club