[T3] Dash Pad

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 12 18:13:35 PST 2013

Quote: "The "0" that appears between 9 and the 2 is not on the first page of
the Owner's Manual or on the VIN Tag.  Hmmmm?"

The 6-digit serial number is the 0253 923 bit (shows it was made late
June/July 69).  It's like giving your age as 066 - it just allows that extra
digit space should it be needed!  (well, no harm in hoping!).

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club