[T3] 1971 Fastback with fuel injection

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 17:57:09 PST 2013

First thing to check is for a spark at a plug.  Easiest way is to remove a
plug cap, put a spare plug in and lay it on a grounded part of the engine.
Get someone to turn the engine over or watch for a spark.  There are lots of
reasons ANY engine won't start - worry about the fuel injection when you've
established the ignition system is OK.  It's sometimes as simple as a bit of
corrosion on the main points.

Is the atmosphere damp?  If I don't run mine for a few weeks in
colder/damper weather, I sometimes have to blow warm air from a hair-dryer
to dry the ignition system.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club