[T3] 1971 Fastback with fuel injection

Art Sterrett asterrett2010 at att.net
Sun Jan 13 18:57:21 PST 2013

Some time back Jim had provided me with trouble shooting tips for 1971 type 3 fuel injected cars.  My fastback has been setting for awhile and I attempted to start it today, it turns over good but fails to start.  The battery is fully charged, the tank is 1/2 full, and when you turn the key on you hear the clicks and the pump sounds like it runs.

I cannot find the information Jim sent to me and I would like some guidance on where I should start to determine what has happened.  The car had been running great so this has to be something that has occurred while setting for several weeks.  Looking forward to hearing from some of you as to what procedures I should follow to get it running.  The pump was new about four years ago, the injectors were replaced, the fuel lines were replaced, and the tank was cleaned and treated for rust.

Art Sterrett
Mobile, Alabama