[T3] (no subject)

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:51:20 PST 2013

Dave Hall wrote:

>I don't think you have a production date code on the front panel of your
>'69, as it only started in August 60 for the 1970 model year.

>Those who have one can look for a 3" x 1/2" plate (painted) on the end of
>the front panel.  This has a code like 12-3-4567.  The 12 would indicate
>week 12 of the calendar year, 3 is Wednesday (3rd day of the week), and 4567
>is probably a line code with '4' signifying the production hall area
>(usually 3 for Type 3s, but can be a 4) and the assembly line and position
>(that's a 'best guess').

Dave; without having my car at hand, IIRC, I think I DO have "a 3" x
1/2" plate (painted) on the end of the front panel."  I'll have to get
that information when I get back to Wisconsin in May 2013.

Thanks for the information.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)