[T3] Going to Hell in a handcart

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jan 24 17:51:23 PST 2013

On 24 Jan 2013 at 17:17, Brion Sabbatino wrote:

> If the fuel is waxing solidifying, you might want to heat your filter
> housing and lines.

The jetta fuel filter comes (factory) with the fuel filter heated by
the water cooling system. The problem appears to be that this time
the waxing occurred before the engine was very warm.

> B-20 should be better overall for your engine, given it's cleaner
> burning characteristics.

Everything I've heard about biodiesel is good, except for the fact
that there are no standards for it. I think not knowing exactly what
you're going to get is what concerns the automakers.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org