[T3] Looking for data sheets

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 26 20:01:14 PST 2013

On 26 Jan 2013 at 19:24, Keith Park wrote:

> VW used the bias resistor that Jim mentioned but back when the cars
> were new this was seldom needed.

AFAIK, the bias resistor was added in series to shift the calibration
a bit leaner. This was done under warrantee for owners who complained
that their gas mileage was not as good as VW claimed when they sold
them the cars.

When I bought my '68, VW claimed 27 or 28 mi/gal, but one of the
mechanics told me that this was at 55 mi/hr with no wind. I don't
think I ever got mileage that good, but I seldom drove that slowly.
In those days, highway speed limits were all at least 65 mi/hr. The
55 mi/hr limits didn't come in until the gas crisis of '73-4.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org