[T3] Ignition Wires

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jan 27 13:33:04 PST 2013

On 27 Jan 2013 at 20:44, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> I am looking to buy a new set of ignition wires for my 72 type3 SB. I seem to remember seeing a way back post that most the kits available not correct for the tpe3 engine configuration.
> Does anyone know if there are any out there?
> Also since I am building this Mega squirt system does anyone see a problem using the stock wires?

Adriel pointed out to me that the stock Bosch set I sold him had one
wire too short. I can fix that now that I know what to do, but I need
to charge a bit more for the extra work and extra parts I have to put
into them. I stock the Bosch sets, which I can modify to be correct.

If you still have the OE wireset, with the right angle dist cap ends
that screw on, you should save those, as they are otherwise almost
irreplacable, and they are nicer than anything else out there. Let me
know if you still have those correct ends.

I don't think the MS system will care about the SP wiresets.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org