[T3] Ignition Wires

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jan 27 14:32:25 PST 2013

On 27 Jan 2013 at 21:56, Daniel K. Du Vall wrote:

> Well when you get around to it give me a price on your sets also.
> Add it as an option to the price you end up with on my ever growing parts list ;-)
> Will the shorter T3 cap and rotor work on a 009 Or am I stuck with the cap I have because of the 009?

The Bosch wiresets DO come with appropriate right angle distributor
ends, but they are no longer the nice OE screw-on style. I have good
used ones, but they will cost you twice what the wireset costs. At
least they will last forever.

One of the nice things about the OE wiresets is that you can replace
each part individually. Nothing is crimped together. The only parts I
generally replace are the wires, the SP connectors, and the airseal
flaps, and I only replace those as they go bad, never routinely.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org