[T3] Re/ Mystery Fix...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 15:48:18 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/27/2013 5:32:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

No, grounding #19 still uses the relay, but it bypasses the safety
cutout in the brain. It's useful for testing, but dangerous to run
this way for long.

To bypass the relay, use a small jumper with  alligator clips to jump
between the 2 red wires on the relay. That should  give you a small
spark and they you should hear the pump running. It  should continue
to run as long as the jumper is in place. If it doesn't,  there is a
problem with the pump, the wiring, or the  fuse.

Thanks  for the clarification Jim. I wasn't sure IF it bypassed the relay
or not. I  guess what it really does then, is provide a ground for the relay.
This is  what the ECU is doing, right? At least when the ECU is working
correctly?

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction