[T3] Re/ Mystery Fix...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 07:23:07 PST 2013

In a message dated 1/27/2013 8:54:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

> That's a good question Dan. My wife's Fastback is running the  C/D
system,
> and the pump runs all the time in it that the key  is on. I've tried 3
> different ECU's in it, and it's the only  one that will run the pump at
all. :O
> Everything else is wired  as normal (according to Bentley).

Bob, please get this fixed!  I've only ever seen one brain where this
function didn't work right. It  shouldn't be hard to fix. I have
plenty of good brains here.

It's on my list of things to do, but at this time of year, it's not a
priority since the car is in winter storage (keeping it out of the salt). I'll
probably go thru the wiring again, and see what the real deal is on it. I do
 have a spare ECU that I got from Russ, that I know came out of a running
car.

When I first went thru this, I couldn't get any pump action at all,  unless
I grounded #19. After the 3rd ECU, I was beginning to wonder IF I even  had
a good one. Then I tried the 4th one, and it ran the pump, and ran the
engine, but it ran the pump all the time the key was on. I tried those same
ECU's in another car, all 3 of them would work in it. :O So this might just be
 a simple wiring issue. Fortunately, Sue doesn't drive the car that often,
as  her van hauls a lot more stuff and people around. I keep trying to get
her to  put more miles on it than she does, as these cars really don't like
sitting  around, and not being used.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction