[T3] Mystery Fix...solved

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jan 29 16:32:26 PST 2013

The wires actually have numbers on them, printed on them, to tell them
apart.  If they have been cut up then you can trace them to the terminals on
the main plug with an ohmmeter.

The wires don’t age, the insulation does and can get brittle with excessive
heat.  The copper can work-harden and break, but generally only when abused
or treated poorly.  My harness has well over 300Kmi on it and its required
some reconditioning but is basically in very good shape.

Several folks have posted NOS harnesses for Sale on the Samba after all the
recent chatter about them on the list here, some are morbidly overpriced but
some are quite reasonable, just match the part number with the generation
system you need to make sure you get the right harness.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"