[T3] Gearshift knob

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:38:47 PST 2013

Dave wrote:
"I've one of those wooden walnut(?) knobs I found somewhere - has the
Wolfsburg Castle and wolf plastic insert like the column centre but only 1"
diameter - probably not a genuine VW part though."

The Walnut Shift Knob that I have on my '69 SB, has the R-1-2-3-4
metal insert on the top.  I also have the black Bakelite knob and a
second walnut knob.
I bought that walnut shift knob accessory and a Sapphire (AM only)
radio shortly after I bought the car in September 1969.  I couldn't
afford the Blaupunkt radio at the time.

Which makes me wonder if the elliptical hole, to mount the antenna in
the left-front fender, was already in there?
Either the hole was there and "plugged" or the antenna mast was
already (dealer or factory-VW?) mounted, even though the stock car was
purchased without the radio.  Hmmmm?
Either the plug or antenna were mounted in the fender or in my
excitement of buying a new car, I didn't notice.  Maybe, 43-plus years
later, my memory has faded. (grin)

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)