[T3] Faulty Fuel Pump

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:24:59 PST 2013

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Mesa, AZ

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 01:09:01 -0600
> Subject: Re: [T3] Faulty Fuel Pump
>
> On 31 Dec 2012 at 15:45, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>
> > > Try using a small jumper around the fuel pump relay, between the 2
> > > red wires. You should get a small spark and that should run the pump,
> > > even with the key off.
> > >
> > Done this, little spark but other than that, nothing.
>
> In that case, it's most likely that the pump is okay, but something
> in there is seized up. I should be able to fix it for free, but you
> would have to mail it back to me. Once you get it back, you should
> install and run it within a couple of weeks.

How about this.

How long would it take you to do this repair? Think I will go to Sandy Eggo March 8th for a week. So I could have Vater pull it repair time, plus a week to be sure of it being done, pack and ship. Then on the eight put it in and see what is what, rather than pulling it now and having it sit. If need be, run some wires if the pump then doesn't work. Good idea?

Thank you so very much!
Adriel