[T3] Lead Sled Update

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 09:32:07 PST 2013

John --

It appears that you've cut a small, square access hole in the lower
portion of the axle beam.
I assume there is (or will be) another access hole to accommodate the
"companion" air-ride hardware on the other end of the beam?
In the picture, are we looking at the right or left end?

While you have the beam "open", can you put a micrometer on the
thickness of the axle beam metal stamping?

What is that nominal dimension?
Or does the dimension vary, depending on where you mic the metal?
If VW stamped the axle beam, I would suspect there would be some
"stretching/thinning" of the metal, depending on how much "draw" the
stamping required.

Just curious.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)