[T3] Manual transmission gear shift knob

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 17:05:05 PST 2013

I tried searching the Wolfe CD's for the thread size/pitch used on our
gearshift lever.
It is either buried in the VW manuals or it's (maybe) not there.

Does anybody know the correct metric size?

My guess is that the shift knob is a M12 1.50 pitch.  Can someone verify?

I've got the walnut knob with the gearshift pattern on my '69 Square.
I suspect when I purchased the car and the walnut knob, (one of the
few accessories available) the dealer removed the stock black
(Bakelite?) knob and kept it.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)