[T3] Gearshift knob

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 06:20:11 PST 2013

The Bakelite never had a lock nut because they never had a shift pattern
that needed to be kept upright.  Russ Wolfe seemed Happy when I  offered
him $25 shipped for his wood T handle!  It definitely has to have the
locknut to keep it horizontal on my AT.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 5:51 AM, <Bobsnotch at aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 1/30/2013 7:19:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:
>
> There was a two-tone (fatter?) knob in the 1500S, but I guess that  was
> dropped at some point.  Same thread I assume.
>
> I've one of  those wooden walnut(?) knobs I found somewhere - has the
> Wolfsburg Castle  and wolf plastic insert like the column centre but only
> 1"
> diameter -  probably not a genuine VW part though.
>

> Dave, the gray and white knob ended in 66. I think it started in 63, and
> prior to that, the knobs were all ivory. All used the same thread.
>
> There's actually about 5 VW approved "aftermarket" knobs (sold thru
> dealers), 2 being wood, 2 being "leather wrapped", and a "T" handle.  The
>  2 wood
> and vinyl versions came with either a 4 speed shift pattern, or a
>  Wolfsburg
> crest on top.
>

> Bob 65  Notch S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
> 64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
> 71  Square-vert under  construction

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/