[T3] Beauty Rings

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 18:49:26 PDT 2013

All our aluminium brightwork - window trims, side trim, wheel trim and
badges - is adodised and polished.  I think the door sill trim plate is
maybe just anodised.  The later sill (rocker) trim strip is stainless steel.
Other shiny bits are chrome-plated (on nickel and copper plating) onto steel
or zinc alloy castings.  Higher spec vent-wing frames and vertical
separating bar are stainless steel.

Our 1964 1500S Variant had the grey valve protections on the trims.  I think
the other design may have had rolled over edges for that opening.

No wonder the parts cost so much!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club