[T3] [T3} Beauty Rings

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Tue Jul 2 15:36:25 PDT 2013

Parts could have been scrounged to repair another car and then replaced with
replacement parts from the distributor. Almost anything is possible at that
point.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

That's what happened to the 70 beetle (the car my dad bought before the
Fastback). Someone damaged the driver's door when it was on the lot and they
just got a door off one with a stick-shift automatic the same color and
stuck it on the one he bought with the manual.  Why he didn't say anything
when they handed him 3 keys and why the dealer didn't just swap the handles
when they swapped the doors who knows. He only kept the car for a couple of
years then traded it in for Clementine. I saw this happen in the late 80s on
some Golfs with a trans swap during my brief time when I turned wrenches for
a VW dealer in 87 and 88. Like you said anything is possible.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT