[T3] Distributer question

Jonathan Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 13:42:41 PDT 2013

Daniel,

Assuming the timing gear is already oriented correctly...

1. Find TDC of Cylinder #1
2. Drop in the 009 and click it home
3. Rotate the body of the 009 to line up the small notch on the rim of the
dizzy with the tip of the rotor. That will give you 0 degrees at TDC.
3. Orient the plug wires corresponding to the cap.

That should do it.

Also, I like John Connolly's write up on the subject...
http://www.aircooled.net/how-to-install-009-vw-distributor/

Hope this helps,

Jon Stiles