[T3] Cracked Block 70 FB!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 10 23:34:34 PDT 2013

On 10 Jul 2013 at 19:28, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> I took my 70 FB in for leaking oil, and i just found out my block is
> cracked.  Original motor with stock FI. What are my options? Break it down
> for me, Im still learning my way around these suckers.  Thanks.

Where is it cracked? Some can be fixed; some need a replacement case.

It's also important to understand WHY it cracked. The only one I've
seen cracked because one of the 6 main studs that hold the thing
together came loose (nut came off) and that let the case warp and
crack. I was able to fix the crack, but the warping was terminal.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org