[T3] Cracked Block 70 FB!

Chris Sheridan cscsheridan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:32:06 PDT 2013

Did they show you the crack? I'd want to see the crack with mine own eyes.
Arggh! it's possible it's cracked,
but it could also be leaking from any number of places that are easy fixes,
but the mechanic doesn't want to
deal with it. I would go to your local FLAPS, buy some ramps and a can or
two of Engine Clean, then back the car
carefully up onto the ramps (with a helper directing you). then I'd spray
the bottom of the engine with engine clean and use a toothbrush on it until
it's spotless. Then I'd top it up with oil, block the front wheels, put it
in neutral and run the engine. Lie underneath the engine with a flashlight
and wait. or put some paper down on the ground and get a rorschach of the
oil pattern. The stains will indicate an area of interest such as the front
seal or push rod tube seals or oil drain plug or oil strainer plate, or oil
cooler, etc. All of those places are more likely to leak than a cracked
block.