[T3] Brake Pedal Pushrod?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jul 13 05:57:21 PDT 2013

In a message dated 7/13/2013 12:32:29 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Once you installed the late pushrod, did you have to readjust the
pedal stop to get the free play right? If so, maybe the whole thing
comes down to a change in the relaxed pedal position, to get more
stroke for the tandem MC. If that's what happened, I'd expect the
setting gauge drawing to call out that this was just for cars after
3x7 123 nnn. I hope Dave will check the drawing for this.

If  that's what happened, that would move the relaxed position of the
pedals  back toward the driver 2-3", which seems like a LOT.

Maybe someone else  can tell us whether the pedals on earlier cars are
much closer to the  floor.

I've got the correct free play at the pedal. At least 1mm before the  rod
starts to do anything on the MC, and at least 1 inch at the pedal itself,
maybe slightly more. I wanted to make sure that the pushrod wasn't putting any
 tension/load on the rear cup of the MC, as I already know what the results
of  doing that cause. ;-)

I wouldn't know IF I changed the pedal angle or not, since the pedal
cluster was out of the car when I got it, as it was removed for floor
replacement by Russ. But sitting lower in the car (the t-34 seats are closer  to the
floor), it's hard to tell if the pedals are leaning back, or how much  they
are leaning back. I also haven't driven a single circuit MC t-34 either,  so
I couldn't tell you IF that extra or missing 10mm of pushrod is  noticeable
to your foot.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction