[T3] OTT Exhaust Install

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jul 13 11:53:52 PDT 2013

On 13 Jul 2013 at 13:28, Keith Park wrote:

> One thing to remember though, if the upper heater boxes are still attached
> to the muffler, you'll probably have to destroy the muffler to get them off
> so eather use them as a pair or sacrifice the muffler.

Also, you'll find that the muffler fittings rust into the threads of
the upper heat exchangers, so getting them apart is difficult. I
charge a pretty penny just to take them apart, and the job requires
tools that most people won't have: God's own torch, vise, and wrench!

Most of the ones I see on ebay and the samba still have those
fittings screwed into them, so it's clear that the owner has tried
and failed to get them out. I won't sell them until I remove the
threaded fittings and clean out the threads.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org