[T3] beauty rings and hubcaps

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 18:33:09 PDT 2013

You need a special hub cap puller, which is a sort of U-shaped loop of wire
with ends bent at right angles to fit in the pair of holes in the rim of the
hubcap.  You then use the jack handle with the tyre as a fulcrum and the
handle through the wire loop to lever off the hub-cap.  Generally the loop
remains hooked in the hub-cap and stops it clattering onto the ground.
Result, no damage!  There's one here....

http://www.airheadparts.com/vintage-vw-parts/hub-cap/hub-cap-puller-31101224
3

Beauty rings are the wheel trims that were sometimes supplied, or bought as
an accessory.  Some of us just repaint the wheels when they start looking
tired!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club