[T3] Sticking Brake Pedal

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 13:45:52 PDT 2013

Glad the pedal problem is solved.

Anyone who has ever pulled electrical things apart only to solve a problem
eventually by replacing a fuse recognises 'worst case scenario' syndrome!

The collapsed hose scenario is very possibly your real problem with the lack
of bleed fluid flow - it can overheat the brakes through causing the pads to
bind, as well as maybe boil the fluid, losing most of the braking pressure
on the front circuit, it would be a good idea to sort that out as well.
Keith has a 'black museum' section of brake hose about 1/2 the bore of
another decent hose.  I could hardly blow through the ones I removed from a
Fastback, but they hadn't actually stopped working.  Check the dates on them
- they're moulded into the hose.  The originals usually have month/year but
new ones have day/month/year - I hope that's for batch tracking rather than
an expectation of short life!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club