[T3] Sticking Brake Pedal

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 31 13:30:15 PDT 2013

Update on Sticking Brake Pedal.

As predicted by some, the problem sure enough was just a sort of seized up pedal mounting, too stiff for the still intact spring to move cleanly...now thoroughly lubricated.

Thing is...in all the years I've had these cars, that never happened before...and, by being distracted by coincidental issues with a caliper, I added up 2 and 2 and got 7, thinking Worst Case Scenario.
 Sure, pedal cannot be sucked tight by the Master Cylinder...only the spring etc, or a trapped squirrel, could explain the sticking. Sorry for not thinking it through. Didn't know a hose could collapse in its interior before. That info may come in handy some day.   Thanks for the advice.