[T3] Sunvisor, Oil & Squareback Hatch Seal

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 11:12:28 PDT 2013

1.  Has anyone had success removing the circular retainer (internal
tooth lock washer) without damaging the "teeth"?
I've got a good set of visors which don't have the plastic mounts,
springs and lock washers ... and
a kinda shabby set of visors with plastic mounts, springs and lock
washers attached.
I don't want to damage the teeth of the lock washers on the shabby
visors, when I remove them and make it unusable.
But I would like to put the mount, springs and lock washers on the
good set of visors.

2.  Last fall when I stored the Square, I changed the oil.  I used
Valvoline VR1 Racing Oil 20W-50.  The label says it exceeds API
(American Petroleum Institute) Services ... SN/SL/SL.
The bottle says in contains a High zinc/phosphorus components.  The
ratios are Zinc = 0.14 and Phosphorus = 0.13 and ZDDP.

3)  Is there a source for a GOOD, rubber, Rear Hatch Door Seal?
Age has finally taken its toll and the rubber has dried out and is now
leaking when I wash the car.  Surprisingly, the seal doesn't leak when
it rains.  I suspect the "rain rail" collects and directs the water
away from the top area where the leak is located.
(Had I asked Click & Clack, The Tappet Brothers ... they would
probably say: "Don't wash your car!")   :-)

Does anybody have a suggestions recommendations or comments?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)

--