[T3] Battery Cable bolt

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jun 4 21:10:07 PDT 2013

On 4 Jun 2013 at 19:21, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> I've been hunting a proper (stock) battery cable nut (mm size? 13mm?)
> and square head bolt.  I don't need the lead connector or cables.
> Just the bolt/nut.

The thread was M8 x 1.25, but that's about all that's standard about
that bolt/nut. It was special, lead coated, so to be at least
somewhat immune to acid leakage. I think the only way to find a "new"
one would be to find one on an old beetle or bus in a junkyard. Early
Rabbits might also have been the same, but later cars have all gone
to something lighter and cheaper.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org