[T3] Missing...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jun 12 19:07:27 PDT 2013

Well I looked thru what Frank sent and the fact that the idle jets actually
take most of the mixture job thru 3K RPM or so and the slight upjet that
Brian recommended and something occurred to me...

I pulled the idle jets out, these carbs don't have the solenoids on them
So they just unscrew and they did look clear... BUT...
Have I complained about todays gas recently?
I ran a needle thru them to scrape any varnish that might have been in the
hole off, then rinsed them out with pre-VOC carb cleaner (the good stuff)
and put them back in.

Well, I only drove to the Barber and back but it seems to be running quite
smoothly now, the idle is a bit ragged but the volume screws are still way
out so let me drive it again on Friday and set the volume screws again but I
might have found the problem, Varnished idle jets!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"