[T3] Carbs...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 21 03:11:27 PDT 2013

Checking the K manual (fuel system) the differences are on the 1600 engines,
with main/air correction of X132.5/150 left and X130/120 right from June
'66, and X130/155 left and X127.5/120 right from Aug '67 auto and from '68
manual trans.

The 1500S original spec was X125/180 for '64 and X135/180 for '65 models,
both carbs.

Pilot jet is g45 for all 1500S and 1600 to 7 June 66, with 50 from that date
on.

Of course, over the years the carbs could have been changed or modified.

So the left-hand main jets were actually bigger than the right, but so was
the air correction.   Maybe pressure difference on left carb was less?
Sorry if that's a daft suggestion!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club