[T3] "On the road again"

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jun 23 07:31:17 PDT 2013

On 21 Jun 2013 at 22:06, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/21/2013 5:31:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

> Each spring when it starts, I  breathe a sigh of relief.

I understand the relief, Gary, but after a few years, once all the
bugs are worked out, you should get used to the fact that they really
do become reliable.  ;-)

> Gary, that's good news to hear. The only T-3 here left to start up is
> Sue's Fastback. It's my fault, not hers, as I've been pretty busy taking care
> of other stuff, and just haven't gotten to driving it out of the back yard
> yet. It seems like when I'm ready to, it always rains (like almost every
> other  day it seems like this summer), then I have to wait for it to dry out
> again.

This has been a most unusual spring/summer. Unlike last year, spring
seemed at least a month late in getting here. Most of our green stuff
seemed puzzled as to why it was taking so long to warm up, and then
it started to rain, as if we had suddenly been transported to
Seattle. For the last 6 weeks it seems like it has rained at least
every other day, and each time it's been a real downpour.

For the last week or so we've had an average of one big thunderstorm
per day, sometimes two, and they're not just nice soft rains. We've
gotten deluged with an inch or more per day, which is not such a big
deal when it happens occasionally, but when it happens over and over
again it's HUGE.

I hope Gary and Bev don't get washed away in one of these.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org