[T3] Car Cures Itself...

Tony Rongey trongey at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 27 06:19:40 PDT 2013

Jim,
I thought you were the one who explained this to me, but it might have been Russ or Tram.  The theory that I've heard is that the engine heat causes the fuel in the exposed fuel hose to evaporate.  Since our cars are full of old worn parts neither the pressure regular or the check valve in the pump are up to the task of holding pressure for very long.  Once everything cools down you're left with a fuel system full of low-pressure vapors so the whole ring has to be loaded up before it will start.
Sounds to me like he needs your fuel pump rebuild (if you're still doing that), because his check valve has failed.
Tony
'70 Fastback AT/FI daily driver