[T3] "Beauty Ring"

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Thu Jun 27 11:37:21 PDT 2013

On Jun 27, 2013, at 2:34 AM, Dave Hall <dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> I don't have beauty rings, but I always remove the hub-caps, even the modern
> plastic sort, and put them somewhere safe - the tyre guys just pop them off
> onto the concrete without a care if you leave them to it.

Good move.  I take it one more step and don't even bring my car in when I need to get work done by a tire shop.  I drop off the set of wheels and that's it.  My cars aren't especially nice, but all the same, there are very few people I trust to treat them in the way that I think any surviving and driving 50ish year old car deserves.