[T3] Car Cures Itself...

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 28 06:03:13 PDT 2013

If you can hear bubbles blowing into the tank from the return hose when you
run the pump (either with successive operations of the ignition switch or
using Jim's priming switch system) it must be air getting into the fuel
lines, rather than fuel vapour.

I don't recall suggesting it may get in from the pintles, but maybe that's
feasible.  I do recall passing on the info from our UK member (probably the
same guy who recognised the return into the fuel tank formed a venturi to
help refill the cup in the tank.  See bottom of page
http://home.clara.net/hallvw/fuelsend.htm

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club