[T3] Subject: Re: Diesel

J L Stamey jlstamey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 06:03:45 PDT 2013

When I got my first TDi in '99, diesel was 92-94 cents and gas was 95-98
cents a gal!! Kind of makes me sick to think about it that petrol has gone
up so high!

From: "Jim Adney" <jadney at vwtype3.org>
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: Re: [T3] Car Body Questions....

On 9 Jun 2013 at 13:27, Dave Hall wrote:

> It's not as desperate as that!
>
> There is a springy plastic tab as Jim says, and you just push the nozzle
> towards the left side of the car (driver's side in the USA) which leaves
the
> nozzle clear of the hole on the right side, and you can just lift it up.

If that works, that's MUCH easier! I'll have to try it when I get
home. (I'm out of town at the moment, but will drive home tomorrow.)

Off topic comment: Our Diesel Jetta is really starting to pay off.
Diesel fuel prices on this trip have been less than ALL THREE grades
of gasoline! This is the first time I've seen that in, probably, more
than 20 years. AND were getting better than 45 mi/gal.  ;-)