[T3] Keep FI or go Carb?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Mar 3 08:40:10 PST 2013

On 3 Mar 2013 at 9:27, Gregory Cox wrote:

> I have a '73 Squareback and my bottom end has to be reworked. Any
> recommendations from the community? Also, I've had issues with the FI
> wiring being very fragile. Any thoughts on using this time to convert
> from FI to Carb? Better to go with a new FI wiring harness?

Opinions will clearly vary, so here's mine:

If you want reliability, economy, drivability, and low pollution
stick with the FI.

If you have plenty of money and want power and bragging rights, and
don't care about spending months getting the jetting right, or you're
planning to put this on a very large displacement engine, move to
carbs.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org