[T3] Lean Cruise

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 16:35:38 PST 2013

--- On Fri, 3/8/13, Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Ya know, this was discussed when I
> was setting up the D jet for the 2056,
> the consensus was that you wanted to AVOID the lean running
> condition under
> light throttle and the Dcel valve and or the vacuum retard
> was there to do
> that.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't remember most of the details as this
> was several
> years ago but it should all still be on the Samba under the
> Djet experts
> thread.
>
> Perhaps our cooler running T3 engines are more tolerant of
> that than the T4
> ones, but Id still be leery of it.
>
> Keith

I have no idea if D-jet can apply different AFR rules to different load conditions as I am doing. If not, I can't see how the D-jet expert consensus would apply to my engine.

I've asked around a bit (both here and on samba) and none of the D-jet experts was able to say what sort of AFR profile D-jet applies. But they are all quite certain I'm killing my engine. Go figure.

In about a month I'll be making another drive to Phoenix. It will be the first time out of the mountains since I added the second barometer.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/