[T3] Lean Cruise

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 12:19:07 PST 2013

--- On Sat, 3/9/13, Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Well Im all ears when it comes to
> better MPG, not so much with the stock
> engine but the 2056 gets only 21-22 on the highway and
> that’s with Premium,
> which can be 50 cents higher than regular in the
> Northeast.  This may be a
> showstopper when it comes to putting this engine in the
> Square when its time
> comes... I do so much highway mileage in that car that MPG
> is important.
>
> Jake Raby says that this is the mileage I should get, and he
> set up this
> engine... but Ive heard him claim much better mileage with
> similar sized
> engines in other builds... maybe they are geared drastically
> different but I
> cant see it making THAT much difference.  Im going to
> go with the late E
> type version of the Djet if I go at this once more...
>
> Keith

I'm in the parts acquisition phase on a 2110 destined for my type-1 KG. In fact the trip to PH next month is to pick up the worked case and a bunch of other stuff from Steve Hollingsworth. I will be applying everything I've learned on my type-3 engine to the 2110.

The case is a virgin AS21, so it wouldn't really be suitable for type-3 duty, but the intake I have in mind is very compact and would easily fit under a type-3 engine cover.

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/