[T3] Hole in passenger side hood (between front hood and windshield)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Mar 14 05:48:07 PDT 2013

On 13 Mar 2013 at 23:05, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> So this may be a silly question, but I have a perfectly round hole through
> the sheet metal on my 1972 Squareback on the passenger side just beneath
> the windshield.  The size is about the the size of a dime.  It goes
> straight through to the passenger compartment.  If I didn't know better, it
> looks like it would be for an antenna.  However, the stock antenna is
> obviously mounted on the driver's side and on the fender, not the piece of
> metal between the windshield and the front hood.

It's not stock. It could have been some previous owner's installation
of a different antenna, or who knows....

Yeah, a plug of some kind would be a good idea. I have several
possibilities. What color is your car and check the hole size again
(compare it with an actual dime, or some other coin, or actually
measure it.)

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org